terça-feira, novembro 29, 2016

crossconnectmag: Masters of Paper Art and Paper Sculptures ... crss

Standard


















crossconnectmag:

Masters of Paper Art and Paper Sculptures  - Jeff Nishinaka

Los Angeles native Jeff Nishinaka is the world’s premier paper sculptor with a prolific career. He attended UCLA and graduated from prestigious Art Center College of Design, where he first experimented with paper and sculpture.

I began making paper sculptures more than 34 years ago. Since then, I’ve been endlessly experimenting and refining my drawing and technical skills, but everything I do to make a paper sculpture come to life, is still and always will be done completely by hand. My tools are very basic: a pencil, an X-Acto knife, Elmer’s Glue-All, triangles, an eraser, French curves, wood dowel and paper. Of course it is very labor intensive and time consuming, but with my hands, is the only way I think it could and should be done.

I try not to overwork or force paper into submission. I let paper do what it does naturally without forcing my will upon it. I feel that paper has energy and a life of its own and that I am only releasing or revealing what is already there. The beauty in paper is only seen when I let it speak for itself.


Become a treasure hunter. Check out our archive.

posted by Margaret

crss

Related post



0 comments:

Postar um comentário