sábado, outubro 22, 2016

Olly Moss’ Magically Creative Harry Potter Prints I’ve been a... crss

Standard














Olly Moss’ Magically Creative Harry Potter Prints

I’ve been a big fan of Olly Moss’ for quite some time, and his run of Star Wars prints he put out for the original trilogy are still some of my absolute favorite Star Wars prints I’ve seen to date-I’m a huge Star Wars nerd and go wild over Star Wars screenprints. Another epic series that I nerd out over, albeit not as much as Star Wars, is Harry Potter. This is where Olly Moss comes in with his prints for the Harry Potter series. These prints are fantastic. Moss was tasked with redesigning the covers for the rereleased German audio books of the series, and he really did an excellent job with them. The central feature in all of the prints is Hogwarts, but each print for the corresponding book also focuses on an element of the story that’s exclusive to that book. According to Pottermore-JK Rowling’s site which continues to satiate Harry Potter fans with exclusive writings, news, and features-“the covers are a series of reimagined holiday posters from the golden age of British railways with Hogwarts at centre stage.”

Via Pottermore:

The posters have a nostalgic feel to them; the colour palette is that of 1950s seaside towns, steam trains and long summer holidays. ‘I was just a big fan of 1950s design,’ Moss explains, ‘and it just seemed like a natural fit. I really liked the idea of Harry getting on a train and going somewhere exciting every year. There is something very British about that. That period of design – and obviously Harry Potter – is steeped in that imagery and I wanted to bring those two things together.’

The set will be 16x24 giclee prints, and will be on sale for only a limited time, until Monday, October 25th 3pm BST. Every order will be fulfilled, as long as you purchase prints before 3pm BST on the 25th. I need to Wingardium Leviosa these prints into my collection, so should you.

Follow Cross Connect on Facebook || Twitter || Instagram

Posted by Dan Donnarumma

crss

Related post



0 comments:

Postar um comentário