domingo, agosto 14, 2016

Paintings by Jen Lobo Jen Lobo is an American illustrator and... crss

Standard




















Paintings by Jen Lobo

Jen Lobo is an American illustrator and painter born in 1980.

…In my work, I really like to take the violence out of the situation and show the action of a volatile situation in a very peaceful way. Although the sky is stormy, the ocean is somewhat still and the waves have a sort of ribbon-like aspect to them. I like the idea of retelling these antiquated stories and putting some sort of new spin on them. I also only like the essential elements to be in the composition. 

I want the paintings to be as simple as possible with only the necessary details. I am inspired a lot by old natural history texts and illustrations. I really love scientific theories that have long ago been discarded and early accounts of exploration. I want my work to have an element of antiquity presented in a modern light. 

Jen currently living on a small farm on Sauvie Island in Portland, Ore.


Cross Connect Mag // Facebook - Twitter - Instagram

posted by tu recepcja

crss

Related post



0 comments:

Postar um comentário