sábado, junho 18, 2016

Paintings by Dan McCarthyDan McCarthy (born 1962, Honolulu,... crss

Standard




















Paintings by Dan McCarthy

Dan McCarthy (born 1962, Honolulu, Hawaii) is an illustrator, currently based in Brooklyn, New York.

My posters and prints are screen printed. I start with a pen and ink drawing, and then I scan the drawing into Photoshop and add the color on different layers. From Photoshop, I print out films of each color layer and expose each layer onto a screen. After that, I begin the printing process. All of my paintings share a similar, dominant style. This comes from the careful layering of each color and not using use more than 4 or 5 colors. You could say my painting style is more graphic than painterly.

Visit Dan McCarthy’s website and Buy his Art Prints.


Want to keep up with art?  Check out our Twitter feed.

posted by Margaret via

crss

Related post



0 comments:

Postar um comentário