quarta-feira, maio 25, 2016

Alexa Meade: Your body is my canvas A California artist... crss

Standard




















Alexa Meade: Your body is my canvas

A California artist Alexa Meade is turning people into paintings. She skips the canvas in her artwork. Instead, she physically paints on human subjects - on their clothes, their shoes, their skin, their hair. Then she places them in a real-life setting and photographs it. The result is an image that looks like a painting within a photo. It’s an optical illusion that blurs the lines of where reality ends and art begins.

I like for my work to create this living element. When you look at a photo of one of my installations, you see the painted thing but then you actually see the person coming through it.


Receive art updates from our Twitter feed

posted by Margaret via & via

crss

Related post



0 comments:

Postar um comentário