sexta-feira, agosto 21, 2015

Paintings by Redd Waltizki Redd Walitzki is a working artist... crss

Standard




















Paintings by Redd Waltizki

Redd Walitzki is a working artist from Germany, now living in Pioneer Square (Seattle’s artist district).  She graduated from Cornish College of the Arts with her BFA in 2007 with a concentration in Painting, Video Animation and Printmaking.  Redd spent several years running a studio-gallery in Seattle’s 619 Western renegade arts building, helping keep the underground art scene alive.

My main inspirations have always come from fashion, nature and biology. Visually, the surreal world of fashion editorials and couture runways has always had huge appeal to me. I love the fantasy of fashion, how moments that are impossibly beautiful can be staged and created to transcend the mundane reality of everyday life. This is something I really hope to achieve in my work as well.   Biology and nature are also extremely inspiring for me, and usually when I’m painting I listen to BBC Science Documentaries in the background…

For more read the interview with Redd Walitzki conducted by MIROIR Magazine’s Chloe Allred.


Our Facebook. Note: The page is addictive!

posted by Margaret

crss

Related post



0 comments:

Postar um comentário