domingo, março 01, 2015

Amazingly Creative Mixed Media Sculptures by Artist Matthew...

Standard








































Amazingly Creative Mixed Media Sculptures by Artist Matthew Cummings


DeviantArt


Matt says that all of my sculptures are planned out. I have to know how much materials i need to complete a piece. I start by studying the animal to be sculpted using photos,books etc. then I make the armature from wire (at this stage I can play with the pose and get it fixed to the base (if there is one). After that I build up the form with different grades of mesh, starting with the finest. Then the modelling starts. If its a big piece I sculpt the face and feet separately with polymer clay and fix them on, the reason for this is that I use a domestic oven to bake the polymer clay. After that I add epoxy putty etc and paint using spray paints and acrylic tubes.!!!. However, my fantasy and figurative work Is made up as I go along, maybe with a basic theme. I prefer to work from my imagination, its way more fun but takes longer as there’s more choices to make.


Related post



0 comments:

Postar um comentário