segunda-feira, setembro 19, 2016

I guess this is a little like “Humans of Chicago” but during a...

Standard












I guess this is a little like “Humans of Chicago” but during a break shooting a conference today I took a quick walk out in the Gold Coast and snapped some street portraits. I was trying to diagnose why I wanted to take photos of these people as opposed to the other people I saw on the street and I think it’s a combination of street style, confidence, and a certain spontaneous moment. These are in order of how I found them.

Frank with the Armani Exchange x Vespa Scooter (that’s number 144/300)

Latif was posing in front of a Lamborghini for his friend and I ran over and asked him to hold it for me. He very kindly did. 

The man on the 3 wheel bike drove by like a bat out of hell. I didn’t speak to him. 

Alex was walking by and I liked his style. Something about the fresh sneaks, camo pants, tattoos and “Chicago Native” hat really worked for me. 

Molly and Jim I liked because they basically contrast each other. I liked the fact that she was carrying a bag from a Candy store and they were rocking … what I would call a “cotton candy” style color palette. 

There’s something really awesome about walking around and making spontaneous portraits. I’d like to make this a series, but we’ll see if I can keep it up. 



by @nickgerber

Related post



0 comments:

Postar um comentário